Wednesday, February 6, 2013

panic attack

So it turns out that today is the day that I got my meal and fitness plan for week 1 of the 12 week program starting next week. I nervously clicked on the meal plan tab to see what my future would bring, hoping for inspiration and new ideas and beautiful healthy food... and was a little confused by what I saw. Staring back at me were a bunch of meal ideas that closely mirrored my current diet, in fact they contained even less fruit and veg than my current diet (though to be fair also much less alcohol and 'naughty' bits and pieces). Some of it looked interesting and new and exciting, but even with fancy photography, some it looked rather... well, uninspiring. In fact, down right dull. I recognise that the whole point is to change habits, and that 'tasty' food often means food that is high in fat and/or salt and/or sugar and/or carbs. And I know that some of these I need to work on and cut down. There's a reason I struggle to stay under 1200 calories a day! But I'm starting to panic a little... As a self-confessed foodie who tries very hard to eat clean and nutritiously 90% of the time, I was hoping for something more. Perhaps this is the issue - perhaps my expectations are too high. After all, I don't have a lot to lose, I know I already eat well (most of the time) and get a good amount of varied exercise (as the results of the fitness test attest). I'm a competent cook and my fridge is full of fresh fruit and veg. I just needed that extra push, the bit extra motivation and inspiration to get me back on track and get those good habits more deeply entrenched and get my head in a good space. But I'm a little apprehensive. Will this program give me that? To be fair I have improved both in my thinking and my habits since signing up, and have noticed improvements to my strength, fitness and waistline already. Perhaps for me this is not so much about the food and exercise, but about the accountability and structure. Well I guess we shall see...

1 comment:

  1. So how did it turn out? I found the meals very yummy. Even the cauliflower madras curry thing that looks like dog vomit (not a big curry eater) was hoover up the plate delish.

    ReplyDelete